Hillary Clinton's anti-feminist & anti-progressive agenda will never have my support by Pauline Park Hillary Clinton's supporters depict her as a courageous feminist trying to advance a daringly progressive agenda in the face of Republican opposition; the truth is actually quite the opposite: Hillary is an anti-feminist who has always pursued an anti-progressive agenda from her earliest ...Read More
Memorial Day 2016 reflections on war I'm watching all of the media coverage of Memorial Day parades and thinking about how superficial and simplistic it all is. War is never good, but is occasionally necessary (the Civil War, World War II); but most wars are unnecessary (the Hundred Years' War, Hideyoshi's invasion of Korea, the Thirty ...Read More
Obama & North Carolina's HB2: the transgender bathroom panic By Pauline Park North Carolina's enactment of House Bill 2 and the response from the administration of Barack Obama have made transgender rights and public restroom usage front-page news across the country. In the wake of HB2, Christian fundamentalists have tried to organize a boycott of Target after ...Read More
Israeli occupation, Palestine & the LGBT community: pinkwashing 101 "Pinkwashing is an explicit strategy taken up in recent years by the government of Israel to portray Israel as a leader in gay rights and a gay tourism destination to improve its human rights image while deflecting attention away from the extreme violence of the Israeli occupation ...Read More
Hillary Clinton is not my abuela by Pauline Park "7 things Hillary Clinton has in common with your abuela" has provoked overwhelmingly negative reactions from Latinos and Latinos. Within hours of the posting of the absurd piece of #Hispandering on HillaryClinton.com on Dec. 21, outraged Latinas took to Twitter to denounce Hillary with the hashtags #NotMyAbuela and #NotMiAbuela, ...Read More
ESPA goes out with a whimper not the bang of having passed GENDA by Pauline Park On Dec. 12, the Empire State Pride Agenda abruptly announced it would be shutting down the Pride Agenda -- which so many people over the years have called 'ESPA' -- and its Foundation, though its political action committee will apparently remain ...Read More
Israel & the LGBT Community Center ban on Palestine organizing 2011-13 by Pauline Park Americans tend to think of Israel/Palestine as a foreign policy issue, an intractable conflict removed from us by 7,000 miles or more; and members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community generally do not regard the ongoing illegal Israeli occupation of the ...Read More
Coming Full Circle: The Journey of a Transgendered Korean Adoptee By Pauline Park Queens College 7 November 15 I was born in Korea in 1960 and returned earlier this year – in June/July 2015 – my first time in the land of my birth since I left at the age of seven months old and the most momentous since ...Read More
Korea 2015: return to the motherland by Pauline Park In June 2015, I returned to Korea for the first time since I left at the age of seven and-a-half months old; it was a momentous trip. These are some photos from the month I spent in the Land of the Morning Calm. June 15 I flew out of La ...Read More
"Would You Still Love Me If..." thoughts on a transgender-themed play by Pauline Park As an openly transgendered woman and a transgender activist, I was delighted to hear that a transgender-themed play had come to an 'Off Broadway' theater in New York. But after seeing "Would You Still Love Me If..." with a friend, I'm tempted to suggest that the ...Read More
I'm Pauline Park. I'm running for the Board with the Justice & Unity Campaign because I believe passionately in the crucial role WBAI can play with the right leadership. In 21 years of activism, I've co-founded several LGBT organizations. I bring significant executive and board experience and a strong commitment to social justice. I'd also be the first openly transgendered person ...Read More
Queer Korea Festival speech & Seoul Pride Parade 2015 (6.28.15) (퀴어문화축제 & 퍼레이드) I'm Pauline Park and I'm honored to have been invited to speak to you today. I would like to thank the march organizers for the invitation and especially Kahye and Candy from the Queer Korea Festival and I would like to thank you all for giving ...Read More
- LGBT rights & progressive politics in the age of Trump (Kingsborough Community College, 3.29.17)
- GID & the pathologization of transgender identity
- Creating Change or pinkwashing Israeli apartheid? A Wider Bridge to Zionist propagandizing
- Hillary Clinton & Park Geun-hye: a progressive feminist analysis of presidential politics in the US & Korea
- Pauline Park & Schafkopf (Monika Läufle, Allgäuer Bauernblatt, Jan. 2017):
- "Advocate calls for 'transgendering' higher ed" (Salt Lake Tribune, 10.19.11)
- Palestine & the pinkwashing of the Israeli occupation: the case for BDS (Hunter College, 11.30.16)
- Hillary Clinton & the blame game: why Jill Stein had nothing to do with Donald Trump's electoral college majority
- Charlotte Henry: Fabulous article. Thank you....
- Mario: An eye openner. Being ignorant of t...
- Notmyabuela: Hillary Clinton is like NOBODY's AB...
- JJ Kim: I had the honor of marching beside ...
- Sei Mano: Thank you for this excellent analys...
- michael w monfre: I graduated from Bay View High Scho...
- Randy: Thank you Dr. Park. This article i...
- Yitzchak: Thank you for this. As a queer Jew...